Thank you for your following and support this year. This is our last newsletter for this school year; we will resume in August.
A huge thank you to all involved in our Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Fundraiser. We not only met our financial goals, but also had lots of fun! A big shout out to our SEED Award Winners for this year: Alissa Levenberg, IST from Burton Valley Elementary, who received our Special Education Advocacy Award, and to Brian Wentzel, from the East Bay Sea Serpents, for his Outstanding Support of the Special Education Community. Their impact in our community is tremendous. To see a list of individual and organizational donors that helped make our event such a success, click here.
Lafayette School District News
- After a strong presentation from Pat Gargiulo at the April School Board Meeting on the State of SpEd in the district, the School Board has finally approved the immediate hiring of a BCBA, "Board Certified Behavior Analyst". This is something that has been discussed for years, and we are thrilled about this step.
- Tomorrow, Monday, June 5, is the last day to complete the District Parent Survey. It includes a Special Ed section. Please click here to complete this survey. This is your opportunity to "provide feedback regarding the special education support your child is receiving."
- Last but not least, thanks to the wonderful Springhill PFC, we are on point to jointly pilot a Diverse Ability Awareness Program at Springhill in October during Red Ribbon. If you are interested in volunteering in the prep stages or on the day of, please contact us at email@example.com.
SEED Community News
- SEED recently helped Sienna Ranch train their staff on how to best work with special needs children. Sienna Ranch is a gem in our community and many local children with special and diverse learning needs participate in their programs from homeschooling, to after-school activities, to camps. They are now better prepared to effectively support them in all their programming.
- Kristen O'Meara is now offering monthly free healing sessions for SEED parents. For more details, click here.
- The SEED Resource Fair at the end of April was a huge success. We had a room full of wonderful organizations and providers with a very broad range of services or offerings for our children and families. Information about the vendors who participated in our Resource Fair can be found on our website by clicking here.
- Do not miss our school year kick off at the SEED Back-to-School Brunch on Friday, September 1, at 9:00 AM. Register for this event by clicking here.
Have a wonderful summer!