The 2017-2018 SEED Board would like to welcome you to this new school year.
We would like to congratulate Rob Sturm on his recent appointment to the School Board. Rob comes with a solid background in community service. As a lawyer in corporate disability law, he has ramped up quickly in understanding some of the critical pieces of Special Ed. Welcome Rob and thank you for your service!
The new SEED Board has in store a lot of exciting events for this school year. Here are some of the upcoming highlights:
- Monthly breakfasts on the 3rd Friday of the month (with some exceptions due to holidays). Click here to register for the next one on Friday, September 15, 9:00 AM-10:30 AM. Note the change in venue this year to the Lafayette Park Hotel.
- A three-part Parent Ed series on IEP with beloved advocate Todd Gary. Click here to register to the first one, "Help, My Child is Struggling in School," on September 26, 5:30 PM-8:00 PM at the Stanley Middle School Library. Please note that our Parent Ed series includes a 30-minute social time before the presentation. SEED is also now offering babysitting during Parent Ed events. Registration is required for the babysitting and it closes 10 days before the event on September 16.
- SEED Fall Family Day at Sienna Ranch will be on October 22, Noon-4:00 PM. Click here to register. Register early as this popular event sold out last year.
- There is still time to sign up for a SEED Parent Game Night (Spoons!) this Friday, September 15 from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM. Click here to register.
Save the date for:
- SEED Holiday Party on December 8. Respite will be provided at Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church.
- SEED Annual Fundraiser and Parent Party on April 27, 2018, with respite provided by the Lafayette-Orinda Presbyterian Church.
Be sure to check our website www.seedlafayette.org often for what's going on in the community.
Did you know that:
- Mary Kaye Stephens has planned her next Respite Night at Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church on Friday, October 20?
...and much more to come!
- Lamorinda Moms is hosting a Parent Ed, "Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings", on Wednesday, October 11? Click here for more details.
Elsa Troy Slovik,SEED President